Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New front entrance!



A couple of years ago we decided to paint the house a beautiful red color that I absolutely LOVE!  What I don't love so much is the mauve door that remains...  I hate the color mauve to begin with, then add a newly painted red house and YIKES! 


Every time I walked through that front door it drove me nuts!  But, life gets busy and you find other things more important to do - like watch your child's soccer or baseball game.  Slowly you learn to live with it until you "have time". 

Well last weekend I finally "had time" to tackle the front door! 

My husband was gone that weekend so I didn't even attempt to take the door off.  I just taped the window panes and hardward off and got to work!  I did rough up the surface a little bit so the paint could adhere better.  When I finished the first coat I thought, "What in the world were you thinking painting the metal door?!  It looks horrible!!!!"  I thought for sure I'd be out buying a replacement.  : / 



Keep calm and carry on...  With every coat it looked a little bit better.  The panes on the window are plastic so they really tested my patience.  Eventually I won the battle with them too! 
It took several coats, some patience and a small brush, but it's done!!!


Now I really need to get some fall decorations out there!  Maybe some mums, pumpkins and gourds?  I love fall and can't wait to get the decorations out! 


I did pull this little itty bitty fall wreath out.  It's not quite enough, but it'll work until I get to Hobby Lobby to find a new one!

Have you painted a door recently?  How did it turn out?  What was your process?  I'm certainly no expert on the subject so I would love to hear your experience. 


Linking to:
beforeAndAfterButton

Photobucket

No comments: