Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Surprise renovation

Hello there!  I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.  I was a bit under the weather so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped over the long weekend.  Oh well, I guess the list just got longer for next weekend! 

So a couple months ago I discovered a crack in the floor of our tub/shower in the main bathroom.  It is 30+ years old, so I guess it's probably about time to be replaced anyways!  (Hopefully my husband doesn't think I need to be replaced since I'm 30+...  ;)  Anywho, the tub was inevitably going to need to be replaced and just when I didn't want to spend any more money - trying to save for a bigger renovation people!  We've limped along by all four of us using the shower in the basement.  Not the best of situations, but things could be a lot worse.  :)

Well little did I know that when I came home from work yesterday I would be confronted with my daughter hanging a sign -

Closed for Construction!

And behind the door this is what was awaiting me... 


Eww!!!  Look- no don't- at the hard water stains.


Yikes, what a mess!!!


Surprise!!!  The new tub/shower is here and ready to be installed.  I love surprises, just not sure if I like a surprise renovation...  Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled at the idea of having our main bathroom working again.  I just could have had the bathroom all cleared out and made the job easier had I know. 

The to do list just got longer!
  • Install new tub/shower
  • Replace linoleum with tile - maybe?
  • Paint the walls
  • Add fun accessories
I'm thinking maybe a blue/gray color I fell in love with in an office at work.  I've been looking for a place to use it in my house and here it is!  Homburg Gray from Sherwin Williams. 

Have you had any surprise renovations happen at your house without your knowledge?  I'd love to hear how they turned out! 


No comments: