Friday, October 7, 2011

Bieber Fever


Let me start out by saying, I do not have Bieber Fever, but I do have an 11 year old daughter - enough said... 

My daughter, Olivia shares my love of creating anything and everything and we have a lot of fun doing projects together.  She's been asking me to help her make a Justin Bieber shirt.  Sure there are a gazillion JB t-shirts on the market, but she wants to make her own, one of a kind instead.  I love the way she thinks!

This week we were on a quest to find a plain black t-shirt.  Believe it or not, this was not that easy to find.  I checked Target, Walmart, Shopko and came up with nothing.  We had some time to kill on Tuesday and decided to run into Michael's.  Why I hadn't thought to go straight to a craft store is beyond me!  Needless to say, they had plain black t-shirts along with every other color you can imagine!  And they were on sale - 2/$5.  We snatched up the black and then grabbed JB's signature purple.

I had purchased some heat transfer vinyl a couple of months ago and just haven't had the time or a project to try it on. 

H & H Sign Supply Home

I buy most of vinyl from H & H Sign Supply and have been so happy with them!

I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL) to create the image.  At the last second I had the sense to realize that I need to reverse the image for it to work properly.  Thankfully SCAL makes it easy with a simple click of a button.  After the image was cut I got to work weeding out the unwanted vinyl.  Last step was to iron it on to the purple shirt. 

Front of shirt

Back of shirt
 Simple and inexpensive project (only cost about $5) and it turned out so stinkin cute!  I'm not sure what's cuter - the shirt, or the 11 year old in the shirt! 



Linking up to:

320 Sycamore

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I bet she loves it. You get mom of the month award! :)