Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bathroom inspiration




Work on the bathroom has finally started!!!  We are re-financing our house right now and with an impending appraisal we thought we'd better finally get going on the bathroom.  I guess I'm just too laid back.  It's just one of those things that you just learn to live with.  I hadn't found any tile that I was in love with, so I just kind of put it on the back burner for a bit.

Now we're ready to get started again and we found a new tile that we love!  We started the tile search again at our favorite place, Home Depot.  There we found an accent tile that still has the blue/gray colors that I was looking for.  It's a little bit different with a touch of stainless steel look here and there.

This picture isn't very good.  I don't like it here, but I do in person.  It makes such a difference to see it in person. 

We are planning to use white subway tile for the majority of the shower and split this into rows of four to create an accent around the shower.  I think it will be just enough to add a pop of color and then I'll tie in with the wall color.  I am debating between the following colors:

Behr Premium Plus - Nature Retreat

Behr Premium Plus - Amphibian

Both of these colors are on the same color card but the Amphibian color is just a little bit darker.  With the white subway tile and white board and batton I'm thinking that I might choose the darker color.  I'm so excited to get started on this and FINALLY finish the bathroom!  Home Depot, here I come!
In the last few months while the project was on hold, I scoured Pintrest and Houzz for inspiration.  Here are just a few inspiration pictures that I have been drooling over...


Nordquist contemporary bathroom
via Houzz
I just love the color combination in this room.  Such a clean and classy look.  What's not to love?

via Welcome to Heardmont

This bathroom remodel was done for around $500!  Way to go guys!  I love the white board and batten, the wall color and the pop of yellow color is so fun!

Traditional Bathroom traditional bathroom
Via: Houzz

Again, the color combo is great.  With all of the white on the walls, flors and cabinets you can really try out some of those rich, darker colors.  I love the silver accents in this room as well.
So I've found plenty of inspiration, now to find the motivation.....
Check back for more updates!  I'm hoping this project will be finished soon.  :)


No comments: