Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bathroom planning

So now that the bathroom is partially demo'd I need to have a plan to put it back together!  At first my husband was just going to replace the tub/shower with another tub/shower.  He insists that I requested this at some point and was a little confused when I mentioned the option of a tub and then tiling the shower area.  I guess we were both a little confused...  The tub/shower combo was fine, but just that - fine.  No Wow factor there! 

The hubby is on board to do the tiling and now it's on to the fun planning stages!

THE PLAN:

Install tub
Tile the shower walls
Paint the walls
New shower curtain - I have been searching and searching, but haven't found the one yet.  I may have to use the white one until I do...
Frame the mirror
Add new artwork, shelving and accessories

I recently fell in love with blue/gray rooms with rich wood tones and crisp whites.  Here are a few things I was thinking about:




I think I may need to buy some samples to try on the wall.  This way I can see how they look at the different times of the day.

Here is a quick before pic of the space:



I'm so ready to have our main bathroom back!  It's been a long couple of months with all four of us showering in the basement mens bathroom.  I'm hoping we'll have a chance to get started this weekend!  Somehow life always seems to get in the way.  I will shower in the basement a few more weeks if necessary.  4th grade football games, birthday parties and family time are all too important! 

Check back soon for updates! 

No comments: